Continuing with last year’s tradition, I wanted to write a blog post with more principles I have added to my how-to-be-awesome list during this year.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead
- Be kind to people, smile, be positive, spread joy around you. At the same time, realize that you don’t have to please everyone
- Anything is possible, you make your own reality, you are in control of your life. Don’t ever feel like you don’t have a choice
- Sell yourself well, don’t be too humble
- Don’t put energy into things you don’t want more of
- Make small projects of every endeavour. Define goals and deadlines. Remember Parkinson’s laws, every task extends itself to complete the time you have allocated for it
- Enjoy life! It’s a short trip! Don’t take things too seriously! Loosen up!
- Don’t forget the 20/80% rule, 20% of the effort provides 80% percent of the results
- Be curious. Always find the why of things! Question everything
- Always strive to improve things and yourself, don’t shut up, express your opinions
- Get outside of your comfort zone. Make it a habit!
- Sharpen the saw. Practice smart. Practice Perfect. How you perform daily is a reflection of how you practice
- Be diligent, have discipline, a little bit of work every day makes a huge difference in the long term
- Believe in people. People are not out to get you, people are just like you with their own needs, wants and insecurities
- See obstacles and change as opportunities. Before obstacles other people may just give up. You won’t
- Life is short, build stuff that matters
- Do something that scares you everyday. Challenge yourself. You learn/develop the most when you do this
- Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself. Take responsibility for your life
- Don’t give away your power. You are in control of your own emotions, you have a choice. No one can make you feel bad unless you let them
- Don’t waste energy on things you cannot control. Focus on what you do control
- Don’t shy away from change. Change means new opportunities and things to learn
- Don’t dwell on the past and wish things were different. Live for the present and plan for the future
- Don’t make the same mistakes over and over. Reflect and learn from your mistakes
- Don’t resent other people’s success. Recognize real success comes with hard work
- Don’t give up after the first failure. Be persistent and determined. Have true grit
- Don’t feel the world owes you anything. You are not entitled to anything, it is up to you to go out and take it
- Be a leader. Help and inspire other people to be better
- Have your own opinions
- Don’t expect other people to agree with you. You are a salesman of your ideas
- Don’t be arrogant. Think about other people and other people’s proposals beyond your prejudices and preconceptions
- Think about the big picture! Don’t get always captured in the detail
- Acknowledge people.
And here it is the shortened version:
- Be awesome
- Be kind
- Be a leader (or, help other people be awesome)
Have a great week!