Another year gone and I am not in Forbes’ richest-person-alive list yet, what a disappointment… I really had high hopes there for a minute with quiz4couples… XDDDD (Seriously how does people write without using smileys)
Anyhow… The year was actually quite great after all. These were my highlights:
- Awesome year with Malin
- Moved downtown to a beautiful appartment
- After 5 years being the biggest fan and advocate of tobacco, I quit smoking and have been clean 10 months (I really need to write a blog post about how I quit smoking from one day to the next with no effort whatsoever)
- I relaunched my blog, Barbarian Meets Coding and wrote 50 blog posts
- I launched jaimegonzalezgarcia.com as a hub for my personal brand
- Built and published my first windows phone app: quiz4couples
- I am finally able to speak and understand Swedish. Yey!
- Built an WP7 and ASP.NET MVC 4 evernote clone with a backend on Azure at work as an innovation project (Fun!)
- Started Barbaric Monthly to build monthly projects with quite success
- I finally learnt WPF, XAML and MVVM
- I read 45 books on tons of topics
- I went to the gym 3-4 times almost every week this year and ran regularly
Pretty good… I have to remember to read this post whenever I feel I am not doing enough.
2013 looks quite exciting in prospect. I am going to start working at Medius focusing on ASP.NET MVC this 4th of March, which means that I will be doing pure .NET both at work and at home, something I haven’t been able to do for the past two years (Yey!). I think it will be awesome not to feel like I have to play catch-up with the software development world week after week. And there’s Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, two super exciting platforms full of promise for this upcoming year. It’s going to be great…
Ok. Time to wrap up. Good night folks. Malin and I wish you a happy 2013! :)
P.S. Oh! One more thing, I finally found some time to create a trial version for quiz4couples. So, if you haven’t tried it yet, please do, now you can check it out for free :)
Written by Jaime González García , dad, husband, software engineer, ux designer, amateur pixel artist, tinkerer and master of the arcane arts. You can also find him on Twitter jabbering about random stuff.