This article is part of my personal wiki where I write personal notes while I am learning new technologies. You are welcome to use it for your own learning!
- We’re accustomed to good design in the world around us developed with thousand of years of expertise
- Software design is pretty new, it’s been mainly concerned with visual design
- Today you can interact with software phisically
- The expectations are great on software design because of this heritage and the new ways of interacting with software
Google Material Design tries to define the physics underlying our interfaces, it is a visual language that unifies classic concepts of good design with a solid understanding of the most fundamental physical properties. From how should it look to why does it behave this way.
- Material Design Principles talk at Google I/O
Written by Jaime González García , dad, husband, software engineer, ux designer, amateur pixel artist, tinkerer and master of the arcane arts. You can also find him on Twitter jabbering about random stuff.